Summer is coming to a close and if you listen closely you can hear nonprofit organizations taking a huge breath as the fall is a very busy time for the sector. What do we anticipate seeing:
- Academics will be back in the classroom and in their nooks finishing their writings for their publishers delights. I am sure more writings on how the nonprofit sector should be more like the business sector.
- Managers and Executive Directors will be welcoming back staff who had the summer to think about new ideas for the organization or avenues to get out.
- Foundations are preparing for the fall grant cycle and board meetings, where they will continue to pull back and make more difficult decisions.
- Government funding, especially federal, will be going to those other than ourselves, or it will seem that way.
- We all will be confused with nonprofit press outlets who say things are going down hill but things are looking up.